Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Okay, So I Can Make Biscuits (not the cookie kind)

We at Little Buddy Biscuit Company have made it through our first week and we are off to a great start. The feedback has been awesome as everyone seems to like the way the store looks (thanks to Jill, Paul and Vinny and myself) the food of course and my terrific staff. Lot's of my friends and neighbors have supported the store (thanks to all of you who've have made a visit ) and plenty of people just walking past. It seems that the neighborhood was ready for a Little Buddy store.

I've been making cookies for over 4 years and rarely did anyone question the name. Every since we've had the storefront people have been popping in and asking if we do biscuits, you know like the southern variety not meaning cookies in the European sense. So last Thursday I tested a recipe for Cheddar and Black Pepper Biscuits and the first customer to buy one called me ten minutes later to ask me to set aside 2 more for her way home. It turns out that Park Slope was also craving a good savory biscuit. The has been chatter on yelp and chowhound about the search for a good biscuit. I hope we fill the need.

As I am currently the only baker and running the show it's been a made rush to get out all the product but I'm slowly adding new things to the menu. Today I got out a Orange and Cardamom Bundt Cake with White Chocolate Coconut Rum Glaze. Tomorrow all be selling my first crumb bun and I can't hardly wait as I think this will be something people will go out of there way for. Thursday I hope to get out a Devil's Food Layer Cake with Nutetlla Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment