The avocado and the butternut squash ravioli was a great combination, I would guess a ravioli with mushroom filling could be good, lobster would be nice, maybe a mozzarella and sun-dried tomato too. I served the ravioli with steamed baby zucchini to highlight both winter and summer squash together.
Butternut Squash Ravioli with Avocado Cream Sauce
2 or so tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
2 medium cloves of garlic, minced
8 ounces of heavy cream
2 ripe avocados
Fresh lemon juice
4 ounces of goat cheese, broken up or mashed with a fork
2 tomatoes, seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Heat olive oil in sauce pan on medium heat. Add minced garlic, stir and cook until garlic is fragant and golden brown about 30 seconds.
- Add heavy cream, stir and simmer for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile cut avocados, scoop out of shell and place in a bowl. Mash avocados and sprinkle with lemon juice to keep avocado from turning brown.
- Stir in goat cheese and tomato and simmer for a few minutes longer.
- Cook raviolis as per manufacturers direction. Place raviolis in pasta dish and pour sauce over and serve.