Saturday, June 6, 2009

mmm Ice Cream & Sorbet, What's your Favorite?

As you may know Little Buddy Biscuit Company will soon be opening it's first retail bakery (sometime in July/August, stay tuned). After 4 years doing wholesale and about 16 months looking for a space, and doing what it takes to open a space we are soon getting the keys to a bakery formerly Regina at 635 5th Avenue in Brooklyn.

As a sole business owner I have had to do many things recently that are very challenging to me and that I would prefer not to have to do. It's just part of being a business owner without a partner, not counting my wife who gets stuck helping me from time to time.

But the fun part is doing things like testing recipes for product I hope to carry (my friends like that part to as they get to eat the samples). In addition to having Little Buddy baked goods, cookies, cakes, muffins, scones, brownies, cupcakes etc we will be scooping ice cream and sorbet. It most likely that we will be carrying Jane's Ice Cream, a great small brand from Kingston, New York. Being able to decide which flavors we will carry certainly is a part of my job that I love. I'd like to share the pleasure by having my readers and hopefully soon to be customers a chance to pick their favorite flavors that Jane's carry. Here are some of the flavors I am thinking of trying first, trying to narrow down the possibilities. You can click on the link to Jane's to see their full selection.

After choosing your 8 favorite picks of ice cream and 3 favorite sorbet just click on the comments section below this blog post and place your bets.

Here are the flavors I am thinking about as my first offering:
Ice Cream
Killer Chocolate
Milk Chocolate Fudge
Vanilla
French Vanilla
Vanilla Chocolate Chip
Cookies & Cream
Coffee
Cappucino Kahlua Caylpso
Maple Walnut
Strawberry
Black Raspberry
Peanut Butter Fudge
Creamcicle
Ginger
Pumpkin (Seasonal)
Mint Chip
Dulce de Leche

Sorbets
Grapefruit
Chocolate
Orange
Lemon
Watermelon
Raspberry
Mango

4 comments:

  1. I'm over 1 on each list. I just can't edit it down.

    Ice Cream
    Killer Chocolate
    French Vanilla
    Cappucino Kahlua Caylpso
    Maple Walnut
    Strawberry
    Peanut Butter Fudge
    Ginger
    Pumpkin (Seasonal)
    Mint Chip

    Sorbets
    Orange
    Lemon
    Watermelon
    Raspberry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream:
    1) Dulce de Leche
    2) Strawberry
    3) Ginger
    4) French Vanilla
    5) Coffee
    6) Killer Chocolate
    7) Cookies & Cream
    8) Black Raspberry

    Sorbet:
    Lemon
    Watermelon
    Mango

    YUM!!! Many congrats on the imminent opening of your bakery/ice cream store!! I remember Regina Bakery very fondly. When I first moved to Park Slope in 1985 (!!!), I lived around the corner on 5th Street and used to swoon for her delicious flaky apple turnovers. I look forward to returning to the same location for more dessert treats :) Plus, being gluten-free, I eat a lot more ice cream and sorbet these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally!!! I don't like ice cream, but I love Black Raspberry ice cream! No one makes a decent one in a 200 mile radius. This could make me fat! But maybe I'll opt for Grapefruit Sorbet, cause it's less fattening. And I luv sorbet. Though I will say, Watermelon will be a close second. My mouthis watering, just thinking about it. Thanks for letting us in on your decision making. You're a really smart Egg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice Cream --
    Coffee #1!!!!
    Cappucino Kahlua Caylpso
    Maple Walnut
    Ginger
    Pumpkin (Seasonal)
    Mint Chip #2!!!!!
    Killer Chocolate
    Black Raspberry
    Sorbet---
    Lemon
    Watermelon
    Raspberry
    Can't wait to be a customer! Susan Rae

    ReplyDelete