Sunday, June 28, 2009

Little Buddy Store Update

Well it's hard to believe but our new retail store should be open by August as things are progressing quickly. Our contractor is doing his part by working steadily (more on his work soon), we have our utilities in process including a great phone number (which I can't publish yet), our awning and sign is being produced, our vendors are being lined up, I have hired a publicist (future details to come) and a host of actions being taken. I even have a part of my staff chosen (more on that too soon). There's a lot to keep track of and I hope to sit down today and tomorrow to organize everything.

One thing for sure is how amazing my wife Jill has been through this whole experience. I'm lucky to be married to someone who is so supportive. She has been behind this venture since it's inception and has contributed greatly to it as well, even as she works hard at her career and as a Mom. She has been invaluable taking on a multitude of tasks as if she was 3 or 4 people. Of course she has done all the graphics for Little Buddy and most of the marketing since day one. In addition she has talent at drawing a floor plan, interior design, writing a business plan, making product suggestions, researching vendors and equipment and so many other things that has made this endeavor a bit less stressful for me.

Keep posted for more news and for the date when we open our doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment