My webmaster Tony Limuaco from The Yarn Monkey ,will be happy to hear it since he's been bugging me for about a year to do this. The timing is good since my website littlebuddybiscuitcompany.com is almost ready for a more expanded launch.
Here are some topics you will find at Groovalicious in Brooklyn on a regular basis:
- Culinary articles, tips and recipes with a focus on food that's both tasty and healthy
- My path as entrepreneur and interviews with other entrepreneurs and people who made career changes
- "On the Turntable", quick forays into my vinyl collection with short reviews about some hard to find faves and other music topics
- Fatherhood in South Brooklyn
Kale with Caramelized Onions
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 red onion
salt to taste
1 teaspoon fennel seed
1 tablespoon tomato paste
¼ cup dry red wine
1 bunch Lacinato kale, washed well and coarsely chopped
- Heat oil in a saute pan on medium until it shimmeys (before it smokes). Add onions and a pinch of salt, stir onions and put on lid on the pan. After a few minutes when the onions start to sweat, take off the lid and lower the heat a bit. Cook for about 10 minutes or more, continuing to stir, until the onions get a nice shade of amber.
- Add the fennel seed and the tomato paste and stir well. Add the red wine and simmer for a few minutes to reduce the liquid a bit.
- Add the kale, stir well, put the lid back on and cook for about 10 minutes more. If the pan is drying out you can add a bit of water. Cook until the kale is the texture you prefer (longer cooking for softer greens).